Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Stubby Gets a Control Panel Post

Adding a fixed place for the Stubby's Pendant

I am always looking for ways to make my turning process more efficient. This week I realized that I spend a lot of time moving the pendant around the bed. I like this flexibility but at the same time really just need it within reach. I came up with this solution.
The post is attached to the short bed with a cartridge bolt whose head is ground down to fit the large hole in the key way. This way I can change the position of the post or remove it easily by loosening the wingnut and sliding the post downward and out.

Positioned if your turning on the left side and its in the way

Typical position of the post

Attachment detail

Carriage bolt ground to fit into the key way

This is what was added...
Enjoy and comment please;
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment