Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Woodturning Light

I got tired of not being able to control the position of my lathes lighting.
I had a set of Zenon lamps mounted on the ceiling which was not adjustable and generated a lot of heat.
They also burned out more often than I would have liked.
I set out to make a lighting system that had multiple degrees of freedom and this is the result.
I am assuming the pictures are mostly self-explanatory.

I have been using this lighting for a few months now and it is awesome!


The finished lighting mounted on the ceiling


1" linear bearings allow movement on the rail along the bed axis















Bearing Housing
















Articulating ball turned from stock
















Spring-loaded socket plates























Knob making jig


Enjoy and please comment,
Don






No comments:

Post a Comment