Sunday, December 16, 2018

Rolling Pin

My First Shop Made Rolling Pin

My daughter in law collects rolling pins. I didn't want her collection to be void of a version from my shop.
This pin was turned from maple with walnut handles.  I got the hardware from Woodcraft and the wood from my vast pile. 
It was a fun project and I simply followed the instructions that Woodcraft provided with the hardware kit.
I bought the brad point bit they suggested and it was well worth the $ to get a hole bored straight through the pin.
Take your time finding the center of the blank and this project will go smoothly.

The cutouts for the bearings

Drilling a hole from either side with a brad point bit.
Layout was important

Removing the corners with the band-saw jig

Turning the handles


Why is getting them to look the same so hard!

All assembled. Stainless shaft and sealed bearings



Enjoy and comment,
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment